Join us as we celebrate 33 Years
of Poetry, Music, and Friends
January 30-February 4, 2017 in Elko, Nevada
Western Folklife Center members purchase tickets early! Read More.
The National Cowboy Poetry Gathering is a week-long celebration of life in the rural West, featuring the contemporary and traditional arts of western ranching culture. Poetry, music, stories, gear, film, photography and food - all contribute to the texture of an event that has become an annual ritual and a place of personal meaning for thousands of people.
All day during the Gathering's three busiest days, Thursday through Saturday, you will find much to enjoy.
For January 25-30, 2016, the 32nd Gathering included:
Ticketed daytime and evening performances; Performances of poetry and music with the purchase of a Deluxe Pass or Single Day Pass (Thursday through Saturday, click here for information on Passes); Open mic poetry and music sessions - sign up daily to perform. (Thursday through Saturday); Workshops and special talks to attend; Exhibitions at the Western Folklife Center; Film Screenings; and socializing in the Pioneer Saloon.
If you are signed up for our email news, we will notify you of interesting shows and other Gathering-related news. Sign up for our email news here.
- Western Mercantile
- Planning Your Trip to Elko
- What to Expect at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- More Activities in Elko During the Gathering
- The History of the Gathering
- Make Your Own Deep West Video
- Apply to Perform at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- National Cowboy Poetry Gathering Press Information
- Event Map
- Tips on Applying to Perform at a Gathering