Join us as we celebrate 31 Years of Poetry, Music, and Friends
January 26 through 31, 2015 in Elko, Nevada
The National Cowboy Poetry Gathering is a week-long celebration of life in the rural West, featuring the contemporary and traditional arts of western ranching culture. Poetry, music, stories, gear, film, photography and food - all contribute to the texture of an event that has become an annual ritual and a place of personal meaning for thousands of people.
All day during the Gathering's busiest three days, Thursday through Saturday, you will find:
- Ticketed daytime and evening performances.
- Performances of poetry and music with the purchase of a Deluxe Pass or Single Day Pass (Thursday through Saturday, click here for information on Passes).
- Open mic poetry and music sessions - sign up daily to perform. (Thursday through Saturday)
- Workshops and special talks to attend.
- Exhibitions at the Western Folklife Center.
- Film Screenings.
- Socializing in the Pioneer Saloon.
- Other activities around town.
If you are signed up for our email news, we will notify you of interesting shows and other Gathering-related news. Sign up for our email news here.
- Planning Your Trip to Elko
- What to Expect at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- More Activities in Elko During the Gathering
- The History of the Gathering
- Open Mic at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- Be a Vendor at a Gear Show
- Make Your Own Deep West Video
- Apply to Perform at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- National Cowboy Poetry Gathering Press Information