Joining us as we celebrated 32 Years
of Poetry, Music, and Friends
January 25 through 30, 2016 in Elko, Nevada
Western Folklife Center members purchase tickets early! Read More.
The National Cowboy Poetry Gathering is a week-long celebration of life in the rural West, featuring the contemporary and traditional arts of western ranching culture. Poetry, music, stories, gear, film, photography and food - all contribute to the texture of an event that has become an annual ritual and a place of personal meaning for thousands of people.
All day during the Gathering's three busiest days, Thursday through Saturday, you will find:
- Ticketed daytime and evening performances.
- Performances of poetry and music with the purchase of a Deluxe Pass or Single Day Pass (Thursday through Saturday, click here for information on Passes).
- Open mic poetry and music sessions - sign up daily to perform. (Thursday through Saturday)
- Workshops and special talks to attend.
- Exhibitions at the Western Folklife Center.
- Film Screenings.
- Socializing in the Pioneer Saloon.
- Other activities around town (this list is updated for our guests every January).
If you are signed up for our email news, we will notify you of interesting shows and other Gathering-related news. Sign up for our email news here.
- Planning Your Trip to Elko
- What to Expect at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- More Activities in Elko During the Gathering
- The History of the Gathering
- Open Mic at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- Be a Vendor at a Gear Show
- Make Your Own Deep West Video
- Apply to Perform at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- National Cowboy Poetry Gathering Press Information
- Event Map