Join us as we celebrate 33 Years
of Poetry, Music, and Friends
January 30 through February 4, 2017 in Elko, Nevada
The National Cowboy Poetry Gathering is a week-long celebration of life in the rural West, featuring the contemporary and traditional arts of western ranching culture. Poetry, music, stories, gear, film, photography and food - all contribute to the texture of an event that has become an annual ritual and a place of personal meaning for thousands of people.
All day during the Gathering's three busiest days, Thursday through Saturday, you will find:
- Ticketed evening performances and shows.
- Performances of poetry and music with the purchase of a Deluxe Pass or Single Day Pass (Thursday through Saturday, click here for information on Passes).
- Open mic poetry and music sessions - sign up daily to perform. (Thursday through Saturday)
- Workshops and special talks to attend.
- Exhibitions at the Western Folklife Center.
- Film Screenings.
- Socializing in the Pioneer Saloon.
- Other activities around town (this list is updated for our guests every January).
If you are signed up for our email news, we will notify you of interesting shows and other Gathering-related news. Sign up for our email news here.