Celebrating 30 Years of Poetry, Music, and Friends
January 27-February 1, 2014 in Elko, Nevada
The National Cowboy Poetry Gathering is a week-long celebration of life in the rural West, featuring the contemporary and traditional arts of western ranching culture. Poetry, music, stories, gear, film, photography and food - all contribute to the texture of an event that has become an annual ritual and a place of personal meaning for thousands of people.
All day during the Gathering's busiest three days, Thursday through Saturday, you will find:
- Ticketed daytime and evening performances.
- Performances of poetry and music with the purchase of a Deluxe Pass or Single Day Pass (Thurssday through Saturday, click here for information on Passes).
- Open mic poetry and music sessions - sign up daily to perform. (Thursday through Saturday)
- Workshops and special talks to attend.
- Exhibitions at the Western Folklife Center.
- Film Screenings.
- Socializing in the Pioneer Saloon.
- Other activities around town.
- To see what a typical Gathering has to offer, view the full 2013 National Cowboy Poetry Gathering daily schedule (in PDF format) - this will be updated when the information for 2014 is available.
If you are signed up for our email news, we will notify you of interesting shows and other Gathering-related news. Sign up for our email news here.
Return to the Home page.