Celebrating 30 Years of Poetry, Music, and Friends
January 27-February 1, 2014 in Elko, Nevada
The National Cowboy Poetry Gathering is a week-long celebration of life in the rural West, featuring the contemporary and traditional arts of western ranching culture. Poetry, music, stories, gear, film, photography and food - all contribute to the texture of an event that has become an annual ritual and a place of personal meaning for thousands of people.
All day during the Gathering's busiest four days, you will find:
- Ticketed daytime and evening performances.
- Performances of poetry and music with the purchase of a Deluxe Pass or Single Day Pass (Wednesday through Saturday, click here for information on Passes).
- Open mic poetry and music sessions - sign up daily to perform. (Thursday through Saturday)
- Exhibitions at the Western Folklife Center.
- Film Screenings.
- Socializing in the Pioneer Saloon.
- Other activities around town.
- To see what a typical Gathering has to offer, view the full 2013 National Cowboy Poetry Gathering daily schedule (in PDF format).
If you are signed up for our email news, we will notify you of interesting shows and other Gathering-related news. Sign up for our email news here.
Return to the Home page.